As a home remodeler in Reston who has seen it all with regards to house age, shape, location and oh-so-interesting quirks, we are always up for a challenge when it comes to bathroom design and remodeling! With over a decade under our (tool) belt, we have delivered beautiful bathroom remodeling projects for our clients from Powder Rooms to Guest Bathrooms to magnificent Master Baths! As with many things, design trends have changed over the years, and we’ve certainly seen an evolution in terms of what homeowners are looking for in this important room.
So, what are the design elements homeowners are looking for when it comes to a bathroom remodel? Synergy Design & Construction has been delivering high quality home remodels for Northern Virginia homeowners for over a decade, so join us on our remodeling journey as we take a peek at some of our Top 10 that incorporated these trends over the years.
1. One of the main changes is a shift from oversized jetted tubs or platform tubs to a much sleeker and more functional free-standing tubs. These soaking tubs are beautiful, stylish and give an air of tranquility.
A relaxing retreat! This Master Bath below features a free standing Victoria+Albert soaking tub – and the beautiful niche is perfect for a glass of wine!
2. On the completely opposite end of the spectrum, the next design trend is elimination of a tub altogether! Many of our clients are choosing to remove the tub and create a much larger shower instead that packs a design “wow” punch. Having a tub in your home is still important for resale, but so long as there is one in the house for kids (and yes, sometimes pets!), it doesn’t have to be in the Master Bathroom.
This client opted not only for a larger shower, but also gorgeous tile detail!
The tub in this home completely overwhelmed the Master Bathroom. Not anymore!
Bonus Favorite! The large tub was removed and replaced with this stunning large format tile shower!
3. Wallpaper made a BIG comeback! You might not have believed it a few years ago, but it’s a trend that’s here to stay! We LOVE the choice and uniqueness of today’s wallpapers. Pro tip! You MUST seal wallpaper in bathrooms because of the high concentration of condensation or your beautiful wallpaper won’t last.
We LOVE how this bathroom went from contractor grade to league of its own!
Prefer a more transitional style? The wallpaper in this Powder Room is timeless!
4. Basement & Guest Baths shot up the priority list! Gone are the days when our guests were the last on the list for a spa-like retreat! Many of the homeowners we work with are remodeling not just the Master Bathroom, but all of their bathrooms at one time.
We took this client’s unfinished basement to multi-functional stylish guest bedroom & bathroom!
Is this even the same guest bathroom space? Yes!
5. It’s all about tile! One of the things that makes a beautiful bathroom is tile. The once “practical and durable” choice has changed into a thing of beauty, with new options, designs, colors and finishes. If your budget is limited, you don’t have to tile the whole room in the same tile. One, that can overwhelm the space, and two, adding accents such as shower niches or even “rug” inserts in the floor provide a design detail that pops against the rest of the room and exudes style.
From “Mwehh” to “Wow”! The transitional design of this Powder Room shines!
Organized second laundry and gorgeous floor rug insert made of tile. We loved transforming this client’s bathroom!
Want to see more? Check out some of our other Before & Afters.
As an Award Winning Bathroom Remodeler in Northern Virginia, We Stay Current on All Bathroom Design Trends
We know finding the proper balance between the hot trend of the season and timeless design can be a challenge. However, you can trust any bathroom designed with the help of the Synergy team will stand the test of time. Whether you live locally or are planning on relocating to the Northern Virginia area, our home remodeling experts can help you Renovate Happy!
Does your remodel go beyond the bathroom? No problem! We offer full design-build services that include kitchen remodeling, luxury condo remodeling, basement remodeling and whole home remodeling. Find out more about what we do and who we are and schedule a free consultation today!